The Centre for Advanced Research and Design (CARD) of Venus International Foundation(VIF)
organized a full day Contemporary Academic Meet on 8th July 2017 at Green Park Chennai.
It is a 2nd Meet and was attended by 129 participants (represented 6 Country: from
England, United States of America, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and India) those
are in 'Continuous Regular Service in Academic Institution' working in the frontiers
of (i) Agricultural Sciences (ii) Engineering (iii) Health and Medical Sciences (iv) Humanities
and Social Sciences (v) Management (vi) Science (vii) Veterinary and Animal Sciences
The specific objectives of the Meet are the following:
- Contemporary academicians to interact with the key scientists, professors and
leading technologists with sessions on questioning and answering, vision to
techno impediments, solutions and upcoming research developments.
- To focus on the future shape of higher education, technological change
and expectations of the next generation of students.
- To bring together leading academicians and researchers to exchange
and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Higher Education.
- To discuss the implications for university education and research, and higher education policy.
Inaugural Session (Vijaya Hall - 9.00 to 9.45)
In the Inaugural session Mrs. M. S Sudha of this meet welcomed
the gathering, Dr. Deborah Andrews, London South Bank University, England
delivered the presidential address. Further, Dr. Myat Thu Thu Win, AIMST University, Malaysia delivered the special address.
Sessions (Vijaya Hall - 10.30 am to 2.30pm)
The Meet Speakers and the titles of their talks were as follows:
1. Dr. Deborah Andrews, London South Bank University, England - 'The Holistic University:
Integrating Res., Enterprise & Teaching in Sustainable Design & Engg. education'
2. Dr. Kiran K Velpula, University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, USA
- 'Reversing Warburg Effect in glioblastoma through EGFR-PDK1 interplay'
3. Dr. Chijioke J Nwalozie, De Montfort University, England
- 'Collective Patriotism – A Panacea to Corruption in Nigeria'
4. Dr. Thinagaran Perumal, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia - 'Consumer-Centric Internet of Things: Catalyzing the Need for Interoperability'
5. Dr. Naresh Kumar Samy, Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, Malaysia
- 'Entrepreneurship Education: The Challenges and Prospects'
6. Dr. Myat Thu Thu Win, AIMST University, Malaysia - 'Research in Model Organism'
7. Dr. Somashekhar S. Hiremath, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- 'Mechatronics: Current and future trends'.
The Awards are bestowed to the Winners of the VIFA 2017 by the Dr. Deborah Andrews, London South Bank University, England