The Centre for Advanced Research and Design (CARD) of Venus International Foundation(VIF)
organized a full day Contemporary Academic Meet on 9th July 2016 at Green Park Chennai.
It is a 2nd Meet and was attended by 133 participants (represented 6 Country: from
Scotland, Singapore , Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and India) those
are in 'Continuous Regular Service in Academic Institution' working in the frontiers
of (i) Agricultural Sciences (ii) Engineering (iii) Health and Medical Sciences (iv) Humanities
and Social Sciences (v) Management (vi) Science (vii) Veterinary and Animal Sciences
The specific objectives of the Meet are the following:
- Contemporary academicians to interact with the key scientists, professors and
leading technologists with sessions on questioning and answering, vision to
techno impediments, solutions and upcoming research developments.
- To focus on the future shape of higher education, technological change
and expectations of the next generation of students.
- To bring together leading academicians and researchers to exchange
and share their experiences and research results on all aspects of Higher Education.
- To discuss the implications for university education and research, and higher education policy.
Inaugural Session (Vijaya Hall - 9.15 to 10.15)
In the Inaugural session Dr. Vaidehi Ganesan Director, VIF of this meet welcomed
the gathering, Dr. Pon. Kothandaraman, Former Vice Chancellor, University of Madras, India
delivered the presidential address. Further, Prof. Matthew Hibberd, University of Stirling,
Scotland and Prof. Ahmed Ammar, University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia are delivered the special address.
Sessions (Vijaya Hall - 10.30 am to 2.30pm)
The Meet Speakers and the titles of their talks were as follows:
1. Prof. Mahew Hibberd, University of Stirling, Scotland - 'Crisis Management and Natural Disasters'
2. Prof. Manoj Gupta, National University of Singapore, Singapore - 'Magnesium Based Materials for Sustainability of Life and Planet Earth'
3. Prof. Mutharasu Devarajan, University Science Malaysia, Malaysia - 'Emerging Trends in LEDTechnology'
4. Ahmed Ammar, Dammam University, Saudi Arabia - 'The future of Medicine/ Neurosurgery'
5. Dr. Somashekhar S Hiremath, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India - 'Precision Engineering- a breakthrough technology for miniaturization of products and processes'
The Awards are bestowed to the Winners of the VIFA 2016 by the Hon'ble Justice T. N. Vallinayagam Judge -
Lok Adalat, High Court of Madras, India