This page provides a summary of the 3rd Annual Research Meet, hosted by The
Centre for Advanced Research and Design (CARD) of Venus International Foundation (VIF) on 11 November 2017
The CARD of VIF organized a full day
Annual Research Meet on 11 November 2017 at Radha Regent, Chennai. It is a 3rd
Meet and was attended by 190 participants (represented 16 Country: from England,
Portugal, Bulgaria, Singapore, Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain, Jordan, Japan, Malaysia, UAE,
Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and India) those
are in 'Continuous Regular Service in Research or Academic Institution/ Agency' in the
age group of 27-62 years and working in the frontiers of (i) Agricultural Sciences (ii)
Engineering (iii) Health and Medical Sciences (iv) Humanities and Social Sciences (v)
Management (vi) Science (vii) Veterinary and Animal Sciences.
Objectives of the Meet
To create opportunities to collaborate and develop a new culture to drive research,
innovation, economic activity and to form bridges among groups, and empower
To generate alignment as well as points of intersection between the agendas of
research, existing resources and opportunities.
To highlight intellectual capital in order to promote improved technology transfer,
development, and commercialization of the intellectual property.
To strengthen society’s technological capabilities and understanding of the role that
science, technology and innovation play in economic development.
To integrate activities in science, technology, and innovation, with economic
development and competitiveness issues.
To develop and strengthen the science and technology and innovation infrastructure.
Inaugural Session (9.15 am to 10.15 am)
In the Inaugural session Mrs. M. S Sudha, Director- VIF and Program Chair of the ARM 2017, welcomed the
gathering, Dr. Christine Berberich, University of Portsmouth, England delivered the presidential address.
Further, Dr. Emily J. Bethell, Liverpool John Moores University, England delivered the Keynote Address and
Dr. Gavin Stewart Dawe, National University of Singapore, Singapore delivered the special address.
Technical Sessions (10.30 am to 3 pm)
The Meet Speakers and the titles of their talks were as follows:
1. Dr. Christine Berberich, University of Portsmouth, England
- How Reading Can Change your Life’: Books, Politics and Culture.
2. Dr. Emily J. Bethell, Liverpool John Moores University, England
- Cognition-Emotion Interaction In Monkeys: How To Measure It And Why It Matters.
3. Dr. Gavin Stewart Dawe, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Novel functions of amyloid precursor protein (APP) beyond amyloid beta peptide production
4. Dr. Mohd Nizam Ab Rahman, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malaysia
- Value Chain Management: Moving from Red Ocean Strategy to Blue Ocean Strategy.
5. Dr. Maran Marimuthu, Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia
- Government-Linked Companies (GLCs) and Financing Strategy: Evidence from Malaysia.
6. Dr. Gligor Viorica Mihaela, The Romanian Academy Cluj, Romania
- Unparalleled Histories and Philosophies
Research Awards Ceremony :
Click here to view VIRA 2017 Winner List